Exempt/NonEvents Manager: Full-time position-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Events Manager serves as a key member of the marketing team. The ideal candidate will be creative and entrepreneurial, with the ability to execute high quality special events. She/He/They will have exemplary sales and relationship building skills and be excited by the responsibility of playing a critical role in earned income production and contributed income to support HistoryMiami.
Current Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in concept and creation of all special events, including theme, location, program, together with the Marketing Director and Sr. Staff. Coordinate group visit sales as related to facility rental and added value services.
- Create and manage all event budgets, with approval from Marketing Director.
- Secure and coordinate outside vendors, including caterers, entertainment, A/V, photographer, etc.
- Work with Database Coordinator to generate invitation and distribution lists for events.
- Manage RSVPs and coordinate event logistics plans, including event scripts, registration, and attendee tracking
- Coordinate with Marketing staff the content, design and production of event collaterals including invitations, e-blasts, programs, and follow-up communications
- Manage and work with Manager on Duty (MOD), Education staff and Preparators for smooth and efficient event coordination, including set-up and breakdown
- Coordinate event logistics with Miami-Dade County facility management for events
- Manage and market the Facility Rental Program
- Manage museum-wide event and facility rental master calendar
- Manage logistics for the museum’s annual CultureFest 305
- Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of event management experience with a proven track record of creating and executing high profile events; sales; museum or cultural venue experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task, stay organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resources needs
- Ability to work with key stakeholders including Trustees, Event Committee members and staff to meet budget and goals
- Extended hours and weekend work required as necessary
- Experience supervision event staff and vendors
- Strong ability for quick decision making, a hands-on manager, and must be a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility are necessary and a willingness to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised
- Must enjoy working with people
- Full time, exempt.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, portfolio demonstrating your qualifications, and contact information for references to Michele Reese, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject: Events Manager. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position. No calls, please.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.