Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt / Full-time
Reporting to: CEO / Executive Director
Required Degree: 4-Year Degree
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
Position Overview: The Executive Assistant will support the CEO/Executive Director of the museum. They will be involved in the management of general administrative needs across the organization. Candidate must maintain a high level of confidentiality, strong organizational skills, an enthusiastic demeanor, adaptable attitude, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and screen incoming correspondence and reports, prioritize and organize documents, determine when to handle matters independently and when to forward to the CEO/Executive Director and staff.
- The CEO/executive directors calendar my planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement forms for the CEO/executive Director. Manage CEO/executive directors corporate card to ensure timely payment methods.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide follow up on issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports and presentations at the direction of the CEO/executive Director by collecting and analyzing data to be used in board meetings, staff meetings, and external meetings.
- Manage meeting logistics including room reservations and set up, distribution of materials, food set up, and testing of technical equipment. Minute taking is required for select meetings.
- Provide general office support including managing office supply inventory, maintenance of printers, scanners, and postage meter.
- Greet and receive guests and vendors in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries in a professional manner.
- Work with Blackbaud Altru, the museum’s database management program, to track interactions and research constituents, as needed.
- Act as a liaison between staff and various county departments including IT, Building Management, and Housekeeping to ensure streamlined operations.
- Executive team to update general museum protocols and guidelines.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- At least three years of experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Experience working with Boards and Boards Committee a plus.
- Previous nonprofit or museum experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Self motivated and task driven with strong attention to detail.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality and discretion with information at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Spanish is a plus.
To apply, submit letter of interest and resume to Stefanie Fornaris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background test fit the needs of the position. No calls, please.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.