Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Employee Type: Part-time
Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
Manage Others: Yes
Salary Range: $17-$20 per hour
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Position Overview: The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Marketing and Communications Department in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager in identifying advertising opportunities, acquiring information from vendors, and entering purchase orders and check requests.
- Assist with the development of promotional signage, brochures, rack cards, posters, and other collateral in support of marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate planning and assist in the execution of publicity events, including public openings and previews for exhibitions.
- Assist in the development and deployment of Museum promotions, including the use of exhibition passes and promotional items.
- Facilitate charitable donation requests, handle communications with requestors, and fulfill approved requests.
- Monitors the Museum’s e-mail inbox for all press and public inquiries. Routes interview and fact-checking requests to the appropriate staff and handles general, image, and collection requests.
- Maintains the Museum’s press site on the web, including uploading and managing images, texts, audio, and video content.
- Provides administrative support to the department, processing media and agency contracts and invoices, tracking and filing vendor contracts, and managing media subscriptions.
- Coordinates the Museum’s process for filming and press shoots and coordinates scheduling, logistics, and escort plans for approved shoots.
- Monitors, compiles, and publishes media reports for staff and Board of Trustees
- Assists with and represents the department at Museum special events.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- Must possess interpersonal, communication, project-management, and organizational skills; strong writing, copywriting, and proofreading skills; and the ability to execute multiple tasks, often simultaneously, while maintaining deadlines and high professional standards.
- Familiarity with Excel, Photoshop, WordPress, and desktop publishing software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising, or related area, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Submit letter of interest and resume to Michele Reese Granger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the positions. No calls, please.
HistoryMiami Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.